Pages

Friday, September 9, 2016

Updates & Upgrades

"Time flies" is an understatement, I have been meaning to update the blog for so long and before I knew it 3 months passed me by! So here's a post to give you the run down of what's been going on!

For starters we found out back in May that we're having a baby!  It was the night before my birthday and I was wondering if I might be pregnant because of the way I had been feeling (no appetite from the girl who ALWAYS has an appetite) so I was really wanting to take a test but the instructions said that it's best to take it first thing in the morning. Luckily my dear sweet Brandon convinced me to take it that night by telling me that if I took it in the morning and it turned out to be negative it would have ruined my whole birthday (another understatement).  So I took it that night and sure enough there were two little pink lines wishing me a happy birthday!
We told close family & friends right away then officially announced it to everyone on the 4th of July.


A few weeks ago we found out that the little babe is a girl and we threw a small gender reveal party for our family. My friend Theresa made an AMAZING gender reveal cake inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest of a cake made by The Artisan Cake Company.
Because we LOVE honeybees!



With that fun news some of our house remodeling got put on the back burner for a short while, but as of Labor Day weekend we are back up and running! Last Saturday evening Brandon and his buddy Alex installed some new closet doors into our master bedroom. As you will see from the pictures I haven't finished painting them, but I had to study some painting techniques to make sure they turn out perfect.

I can't wait to pick out some fun knobs!


After finishing the doors the night was still young so we decided to rip out these box things that closed the space between our kitchen cabinets and the ceiling.  We were under the impression that it would be a pretty simple job to just cut and break them out but it turned into something a little bigger. Behind the drywall of those boxes was plywood, and the walls and ceiling inside of said boxes was non existent. Here's some of the progress and where we left off Saturday evening...




On Monday while the boys did all the grubby grunt work in the kitchen, I went into the master bedroom and ripped up the carpet and the tack boards. And while I know that the sub-floor is nothing special to look at, the bedroom just looks SO much better without that awful purple carpet and it makes me so excited to get it all finished! Here's Mondays progress and how things are looking in the kitchen these days...



 And now a few of my favorite place right now...

Note that the creeper is gone from the bedroom door!
Ahhhh, that feels good. It was so satisfying to get that carpet up. Now we're in the process of finding new carpet and I'm having an internal battle of painting my kitchen cabinets white vs. staining them a darker color. Wish me luck, I'm going to go meditate in my pretty room.


No comments:

Post a Comment